The children’s ministry at Christ United Methodist Church works to strengthen families and lead children to faith in Jesus Christ in an atmosphere of fun, safe community, and unconditional love while teaching appropriate boundaries.
Scriptures supporting our ministry
- “Fix these words of mine in your heart and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.” Deuteronomy 11:18-19
- “Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” Proverbs 22:6
- “Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14
Kids PRAISE - Purpose of Our Ministry
- Provide a safe, fun, loving atmosphere for children to grow in their Christian faith.
- Raise the awareness of every member to the ministry and opportunity of investing in children.
- Assist and encourage parents in developing Christian homes
- Invite children to accept Jesus Christ as Savior.
- Incorporate children into the Body of Christ.
- Support the children in their ministry within the church.
- Encourage the development of a lifelong love for Christ and the church.
Characteristics of our ministry
- Provide opportunities to learn and apply biblical values, ethics, and lifestyles.
- Provide happy memories of church and God.
- Provide Biblical knowledge as a foundation to be members of a Christian community.
Safe Sanctuary Policy
Christ UMC is fully compliant with the United Methodist Church’s Safe Sanctuaries Policy. This policy reflects our commitment to disciple and encourage our youth and children in a safe environment.
Sunday School classes are available for children ages 3 years through the 5th grade, every Sunday from 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Classes are split into 3 & 4year olds, Kindergarten & 1st grades, 2nd & 3rd grades, and 4th & 5th grades.
Reaching Out to Christ’s Kids (ROCK) is a Sunday children’s program that is held each week during the 11:00 am service. This program is designed for children 3 years old through 2nd grade.
6:00-7:00 pm - Kids RULE (Read, Understand, Learn, Explore… God’s Word)
This is a weekly Bible study for children in the 3rd – 5th grades.
3 yrs. – 2nd graders have supervised time for homework, watching Christian videos or other activities.
The Nursery is available for children under 3 yrs.
The Learning Tree/Parents Day Out Program
The Learning Tree/Parents Day Out Program is an early learning program for children from age 6 weeks to 5 years old. Our mission is to provide each child with a loving, caring and learning environment. We provide a fun and creative Christian educational learning environment that will help your child know and understand the love of others. Hands-on learning is structured through play, music, arts, crafts and other meaningful activities.
The Learning Tree program is held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm. Our staff is composed of women committed to raising children in a Christian environment. The Learning Tree follows the Warren County Public School’s calendar.
Find us on Facebook.
Contact Angie Gordon at email@example.com for more information.
The Children’s Ministry sponsors a number of special activities for our children each year. These include Vacation Bible School, an end of summer pool party, an Advent Workshop, and an Easter Egg Hunt.
Upwards Sports, the world’s largest Christian sports program for children, seeks to introduce children to Christ and to provide the best sports experience possible for every child. Christ United Methodist Church is a charter partner church in Upward of Bowling Green. Upward of BG offers the following leagues: summer basketball/cheer camps, fall flag football/cheer, and winter basketball/cheer. On line registration is available.
For more information about our Children’s Ministry or Parents Day Out Program, please contact Patty Wintuska, the children’s pastor at 270.842.4343 or firstname.lastname@example.org