Guess Who's Coming to Supper?
Share a meal in a casual setting with some people from church you might not otherwise meet! This will be a great opportunity for newcomers as well as long-time attenders to connect.
This time around, the event will happen on multiple dates so that Todd and Marilynn Love can attend each one. This will be a fun way to meet our new pastor as well as spend time with some church folks. The rest of your dinner companions will be a surprise...even to the hosts! All (including children) are welcome! You MUST register to participate and registration will be ongoing.
Guests will NOT meet at the church before dinner but instead will receive a text message the day of the supper with their assigned host and address. Guests should aim to arrive at their host home around 6pm.
• Q: Can I request to go to a particular home?
• A: No: the idea is to get to know people you don't already know. The staff will match you with a host from church.
• Q: What are the responsibilities of a host?
• A: Hosts will be assigned guests (no more than you sign up for). You will prepare a main dish for everyone. Guests will arrive at your home at approx 6:00pm bringing a side or dessert. You will be provided with get-to-know-you questions though you may feel free to play a game or facilitate the evening as you wish.
• Q: What are the responsibilities of the guests?
• A: You will receive an email by Wednesday to let you know what side dish or dessert you may bring.
• Q: Do I have to sign up ahead?
• A: Yes. Sign ups will be open from June 1 ongoing.
• Q: Can I bring a friend who does not attend our church?
• A: Yes, if bringing a friend or neighbor please include them in your sign up count.
• Q: What if I need to change my count at the last minute?
• A: You can email email@example.com.
• Q: When will I find out my assignment?
• A: Guests will receive the name and address of their host via text message the day of the event. Hosts will find out when their guests arrive!
If you have further questions or concerns, talk to Melissa or email firstname.lastname@example.org.