Guess Who's Coming to Supper?
Share a meal in a casual setting with some people from church you might not otherwise meet! This will be a great opportunity for newcomers, as well as long-time attenders, to connect. The event will be on Friday March 16, beginning at 6pm. Your dinner companions will be a surprise...even to the hosts! All (including children) are welcome! You MUST register to participate and registration is open now until March 11.
• Q: Can I request to go to a particular home?
• A: No: the idea is to get to know people you don't already know. The staff will match you with a host from church.
• Q: What are the responsibilities of a host?
• A: Hosts will be assigned guests (no more than you sign up for). You will prepare a main dish for everyone. Guests will arrive at your home at approx 6:30pm bringing a side or dessert. You will be provided with get-to-know-you questions though you may feel free to play a game or facilitate the evening as you wish.
• Q: What are the responsibilities of the guests?
• A: Please arrive at church between 5:45-6:15pm for very light appetizers and to receive your host assignment. You will receive an email by Wednesday suggesting a side dish or dessert you may bring.
• Q: Do I have to sign up ahead?
• A: Yes. Sign ups will be open from February 20 to March 11. While we can accommodate a small number of changes at the last minute, staff have to match guests with hosts and inform you of what to bring ahead so we need you to RSVP by the Sunday before.
• Q: Can I bring a friend who does not attend our church?
• A: Yes, if bringing a friend or neighbor please include them in your sign up count.
• Q: What if I need to change my count at the last minute?
• A: You can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Q: When will I find out my assignment?
• A: Guests will receive the name and address of their host at church at 6pm on the day of the event. Hosts will find out when their guests arrive! If you have further questions or concerns, talk to Melissa or email email@example.com!