Youth Minister Opening
Job Opening: Youth Minister
Christ United Methodist Church in Bowling Green, Kentucky is seeking a part-time Youth Minister who will provide leadership for a comprehensive program for youth within the church (grades 6-12), build relationships with the youth of the church and their families, serve as spiritual mentor for the youth, and work to develop mature student leaders. Average youth attendance at Sunday and Wednesday night youth gatherings is approximately 20-25 students. Candidates for this position must have a deep love for God, passion, and a vision for ministry to youth. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Experience in Youth Ministry or with teens in related field preferred
- Advocates United Methodist theology and doctrine
- To follow safe sanctuary guidelines, all candidates must be at least 23 years old
Job Description: Youth Minister
Purpose of Position
To provide leadership for a comprehensive program for youth within the church structure. To build relationships with the youth of the church and serve as spiritual mentor for the youth. To develop mature student leaders capable of providing guidance to younger youth members and be active in life of the church.
The Youth Minister shall exhibit a deep commitment to Christ, uphold the beliefs of the United Methodist Church, and work and act in a spirit of loyalty to and cooperation with the staff and congregation of Christ United Methodist Church.
Type of Position
This is a part-time position. The time commitment varies from week to week, but 15-20 hours a week is expected. Certain special events (such as WinterBlitz and summer camp) will necessitate more hours.
The Youth Minister shall be responsible to the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) under direct supervision of the senior pastor. The Youth Minister will work closely with and collaborate with all staff members. The Youth Minister will coordinate the activities of both paid and volunteer leaders of the youth ministry.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all ministry to youth
- Relationship building
- Teach Biblically based life principles and applications
- Weekly youth meetings on Sunday nights
- Wednesday evening meetings during the school year
- Coordinate/plan youth activities, special events, and trips (e.g. WinterBlitz, Summer missions, retreats)
- Participate in district youth events
- Communication with youth and parents through email, social media, newsletters
- Communication with the congregation through reports, emails, church newsletter
- Outreach to potential youth and/or families
- Evaluate and submit budget requests to Finance Committee annually
- Recruit and train leaders to work with youth (teachers, small group leaders, chaperones, etc)
- Attendance at Christ UMC and and Christ UMC events
- Attendance at monthly church council meeting (3rd Monday evening at 7:00pm)
- Regular meeting with senior pastor (at mutually agreeable times)
- Attendance at weekly staff meetings when possible
Submit to a background check and drug screening
Complete training for and abide by Safe Sanctuary Guidelines